Go Fish Ministries, Inc. News Letter Jan.1, 2012
Jesus said: Follow me and I will make you fishers for the souls of others. Matthew 4:19
It’s January 2012! Can you believe it? Another year has passed. Over all the year has been good and God has blessed me in so many ways. Yes, I experienced the ups and downs of life and faith and wondered more than once, “Why me?” But as Mrs. Margaret, the lady I used to care for who has MS used to say, “Why not me?” I suppose I’ve not had any more trials than any one else, just different ones. They recently cleaned out Mrs. Margaret’s house in preparation of selling it after she passed away, and put it all on the street for the trash. I stopped and asked if I could have it and they gave it to me to go through. She blessed me tremendously in her life and again in her death. I found many things both me and my family could use and needed. Her children didn’t want any of it, so I got pretty much anything I wanted out of it. The best thing I got was her gardening books, and a few Christian books too. She was an avid gardener like me at one time in her life. I found an old copy of “The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey, which I am now reading. It has a lot of good information on the end times. I have some sweet memories of Mrs. Margaret and our talks together, and I pray that I ministered to her faithfully at the end of her life. They sold her house to the man who used to help me take care of her. He and his family are good Christians and have a boy about Joey’s age, which I am hoping will be good for Joey to have someone close by to play with. I have been praying that we would get some younger families in the neighborhood with some kids my kids age, so this is an answer to prayer. We have another empty house on the street, so I am praying for someone close to Selah’s age moves in. We need some Christian families in the area, so that’s what I’m praying for.
Well my website has now gotten over 15,000 views, and has been contacted by several overseas ministries. They are using some of the information from my website and may possibly help translate my paraphrase. They are asking for help with Bibles, and computers and such, if anyone is interested in helping get them the things they need. I was just given a computer today, by a girl in the homeschool co-op, which will be such a blessing. I hope everything works on it, though it is old. But maybe I can at least get the paraphrase finished now, as I have been at a standstill for months now, unable to work on it. I won’t to be faithful to finish the work, God has given me to do, and as Br. Park said last Sunday, I’ll let God worry about the results. I am called to be faithful, not successful. I believe we are in the last days before the tribulation and that time is essential to completing the great commission.
Selah, Joey, and I had a nice quiet Christmas dinner and watched the Nativity Christmas afternoon. It’s one of the best movies. We spent Christmas Eve at Tommy and Amanda’s new house and had a nice family dinner together. Merry cooked the ham and did very well. Amanda cooked an awesome sweet potato casserole, and I made the Deviled Eggs. We had a nice meal and exchanged Christmas presents afterward. Everything went well over the holiday, until one of my children decided to behave very ugly and it all went downhill from there. I pray that those of my children who are straying will come back to God soon. I pray “whatever it takes!” My hope and prayer is that all my children will be taught of the Lord.
Sunny and Ben are now married, so I’ve got one more to pray for now. God help us all! Tommy begins the Police academy Monday, so I’m grateful that God has provided him an avenue to support his growing family. They are now expecting their second child, a boy, who they will name Dakota. I’m looking forward to having a grandson! Rose and David are buying a new house to make more room for Evie and Merry, which is a nice big two story. Rose will be starting back school soon and working toward her Doctorate. Merry is still with her and I pray that she will be surrounded by Christian influences, as she is straying from the faith and is very rebellious at this point in time. It’s breaking my heart. Jonnie is now taking his GED classes and will be going back to school when he gets that done. He doesn’t know what he wants to do, but he is very musical and a good writer, so I trust he’ll do something great eventually. The kids have started back homeschooling and are enjoying co-op on Thursdays again. Selah and Joey have made some friends and are learning much. I now have all their homeschool books on one bookshelf, organized by grade, up to the twelfth grade.
My Christmas present to Selah and Joey was to give them separate rooms as they had been sharing one up to now. I got moist of my books and stuff moved out of the middle bedroom and gave it to Selah. It was a whole lot of work, but needed to be done. I had to rip out old carpet and move several book shelves full of books, paint the floor and lay some flooring but I managed it. Selah helped some, but I did most of it myself. I thank God I was able to get it done, while I had a break from the paraphrase work. Now I can get back on it without worrying so much about other things. Well, Happy New Year, everyone! My new Year’s resolution is to be faithful to finish my paraphrase of the Old Testament and let God decide whether it will be successful or not. God bless to all!
Notes and Prayer Requests
- This is the last Newsletter I will email to you unless you have notified me that you want to keep receiving them in your email box. I am now posting them all online on my website http://gofishministries.wordpress.com/ so you can access them at your convenience and have access to the archives as well.
- Pray for Sunny as she and Ben were married in January. They are still both atheists so please pray for their salvation first and their marriage second.
- Pray for sweet blessings on my two new granddaughters, Kylie and Evie, who just turned one. Pray for Dakota, who is due in May.
- Pray for Rocky’s spiritual growth and for him to get back in church regularly.
- Pray also for Tommy, who was accepted into thePoliceAcademy. Pray for Amanda, who is expecting their second child and is working at the Forrest General emergency room.
- Praise! God has answered my prayer for a computer, if I can just manage to get it all set up and usable. God is so good.
- I am a Christian Counselor and would be willing to provide services to those in need. I have a master’s degree in Psychological Counseling and am an ordained Minister as well. Please pray that I may be useful to God’s kingdom.
- I have published all of my New Testament paraphrases and Old Testament Torah on my new website located at http://gofishministries.wordpress.com/ Also there is a link to my books for sale there too.
- Thank all of you who are praying for me on this.