Go Fish Ministries, Inc. News Letter Feb.1, 2012
Jesus said: Follow me and I will make you fishers for others. Matthew 4:19
Well it’s already February and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Selah just went to a Daddy- Daughter dinner with her daddy at the church a couple of days ago and had a real good time. They got to ride in a limo and had finger foods and had a speaker give a talk. I think it’s good to give fathers the opportunity to spend time with their daughters and encourage them to build on their relationships. Speaking of fathers and relationships, the new movie Courageous, just came out on DVD and I was able by the grace of God to pick one up. If you haven’t seen this movie, it is a perfect family Valentine present. You will cry and laugh, and cry and laugh some more. It’s a tear jerker about cops and their families, but it’s one of the best movies I’ve ever seen.
Well this month started off with a bang for me. I found a way to finally publish my book A Little Redneck Theology through a self publishing website connected with Kindle, called Create Space. It is available for sale now on my website bookstore page at https://gofishministries.wordpress.com . I have edited and reedited it, but I’m sure there are still errors in it here and there, but I went ahead with the process and made it available to the public for sale. I put my heart and soul into this book, and I pray God can use it for His glory. It certainly does not speak well of me in portions and puts the issues of sexual and domestic violence confronting the people of the church in the limelight. It is not an easy read for those weak of heart, but I hope it can be used by God, in spite of its obvious flaws.
I have been praying The Prayer of Jabez for years, that God would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that God would keep His hand on me and keep me from evil that I might not cause pain. I don’t believe this prayer has been in vain, because my website has now reached 20, 000 views, and God has hopefully increased my sphere of influence with the publishing of my book. I have certainly been blessed, and my territory has certainly been enlarged more than I ever thought possible. God has kept His strong hand of mercy on me throughout my life and has certainly kept me from doing evil on several occasions though in my humanness, I certainly wanted to. If you have not read the classic book “The Prayer of Jabez, I highly recommend it as it is one of the best books I’ve read and its premise was one of the great spiritual steppingstones in my life.
I’m still barely making ends meet and not doing that very successfully. My power was about to be cut off on the 6th, but apparently God in His mercy did not let that happen. I couldn’t pay the bill and I don’t know who may have paid it, but the lights are still on and God is so good. I had a grill and oil lamps to use, but I wasn’t looking forward to not having power for the computer and not being able to continue working on the Ezekiel paraphrase, I’ve been trying to complete. It was such a blessing when that young girl from homeschool coop offered me her old computer to finish my work. May God bless her one hundred fold for her generosity to me. And in her giving me that old computer, she has had a hand in completing the great commission and making an eternal influence on this world. Isn’t God so good to answer that prayer as well. When I have a need God is my provider.
My garden is producing a few peas and I have started planting my tomatoes and onions. I still have a few greens but the caterpillars are putting holes in them as fast as they grow. I’m trying to use some organic stuff, but I guess I need that Bt stuff. It’s supposed to keep the caterpillars under control. When I get some money, I’ll guess I go try to find it at Lowe’s. (By the way don’t shop at Home Depot, which is supporting the gay lifestyle.) Any way, I’m trying to get ready for my spring planting in March and April. My plum trees are in bloom and my fig tree is already budding. My daffodils and snowdrops are blooming and my day lilies are sprouting out of the ground too. I think it’s going to be a wonderful year. I can’t wait to see what God is going to do in my life this year. I pray that God will finally restore all the years the locusts have eaten. God bless to all and go fish for Jesus!
Notes and Prayer Requests
- Pray for Tommy, who made it into the police academy, but was forced to drop out due to a medical condition. Pray he will have the opportunity to get in the next one in the summer and that he’ll be sufficiently healed for the task.
- Pray for Amanda, who is expecting their second child and working at Forrest General Hospital Emergency Room.
- Pray for Jonnie, who has just successfully taken his GED and will be going on to college hopefully by the summer or the fall.
- Pray for those of my kids that are straying from the faith, and those who are rebelling against God.
- I am a Christian Counselor and would be willing to provide services to those in need. I have a master’s degree in Psychological Counseling and am an ordained Minister as well. Please pray that I may be useful to God’s kingdom.
- I have published all of my New Testament paraphrases and Old Testament Torah on my new website located at https://gofishministries.wordpress.com/ Also there is a link to my books for sale there too.
- Thank all of you who are praying for me on this.
- Go Fish Ministries, Inc. News Letter Jan.1, 2012 (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- December 2011 Newsletter (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Go Fish Ministries, Inc. News Letter Nov.1, 2011 (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: The Prayer of Jabez for Women (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- Pray the Prayer of Jabez for it is a Prayer of Deliverance (justprayno.org)