A young two year old toddler was raped in Memphis, but as bad as that is, those who raped her aren’t really at fault. The girl’s attackers were just boys themselves, only 7 and 9 years old. Children this age shouldn’t even know what rape is. Someone is to blame, but it’s not them. When children are exposed to graphic pornography or child sexual abuse themselves, they learn these acts and repeat the behavior. Approximately one third of all children who are abused in some way, become abusers themselves.
These boys don’t need punishment, but they do need strong guidance and counseling to be able to deal with whatever they’ve been exposed to. They need to find out what these boys have been exposed to that would make them commit this crime against another child. They need to find out who exposed these children to the images or acts and put the perpetrator behind bars. The adult is always responsible for the sexual abuse of a child, being capable of making responsible choices.
Of all the perpetrators of CSA that I know of, all of them were abused themselves at a young age and later became abusers themselves. But as adults they can and should be held accountable for their actions. Children who abuse other children, on the other hand, should be given counsel and a chance to overcome their own abuse. If it is caught early enough, many of them may not become life long pedophiles, but may find healing instead.
- Israel Pedophile Ring Abuses over 70 Children (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- 11 Children Abused in Multi-family Residence with Sex Offender (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Pedophilia not a Disorder? I think Not! (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Teaching Your Child About Children Who Sexually Abuse (psychologytoday.com)
- Missouri Teacher Accused of Child Sexual Abuse (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Father Kills Son over Sex Abuse of Baby Sister (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Mother Raped Her Own Daughter (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
- Female history teacher ‘raped student’ (theage.com.au)